Keto Staples Shopping List – A List of Low Carb items that are essential for success with a Ketogenic Diet. Including a list of fats, proteins and carbs.
Keto Staples Shopping List
If you’re new to the Keto way or curious about what I always have in my kitchen. Then, here’s the complete list of Keto Staples that are essentials for Ketogenic Diet success.
It can be so easy to over complicate things and try and make every single Keto recipe you find. You have the best intentions but instead find yourself overwhelmed and giving up.
I find that keeping things simple is key. Pick a few Keto friendly ingredients. Have them to hand and mix and match to make easy meals.
You’ll find that with just a small selection of ingredients, you can make heaps of meals, be nourished and well on your way to Keto Diet success.
Fats make up the majority of your diet, so you’ll need a kitchen stocked with heaps of options, these are mine:
- Butter (I always like to add heaps of butter to dishes. Like the above pictured cauliflower mash, topped with plenty of knobs of butter.)
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- MCT Oil
- Full Fat Dairy – Cream, Sour Cream, Natual Yoghurt, Cheese, Cream Cheese, Mascarpone
- Coconut Milk/Cream
You’ll find you’re having roughly the same daily intake of protein as usual, and these are my go to’s:
- Nuts – whole and as flour
- Fatty Meat/Chicken
- Sausages (read labels carefully for hidden carbs)
- Ground Beef/Beef Mince
You’ll find that your carbs will come mostly from vegetables. My favourites are:
- Leafy greens such as spinach (Perfect topped with avocado as pictured above.)
- Brussels Sprouts
- Peppers (in small amounts)
- Tomatoes (in small amounts)
- Coconut flour – for baking
- Chia Seeds
So, as you can tell, you don’t need dozens of ingredients. Just a few select Ketogenic foods that will make mealtimes a breeze!
Disclosure – this post contains affiliate links.